Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Negative Actions Cause Negative Reactions and Vise Versa!

I was out at the bar with a couple of friends last week. Okay, it was only me and my best friend, but a table of people I met while I was with her. My ex-fiance showed up, and the feeling at the table turned awkward. He was pushing me off of my chair, so I moved, got another stool, and squeezed myself in at the table. Then, he got up, supposedly going to the bar, and flicked water at me. I got up to leave the table, and he said, "You're being a big baby!" This negative action caused a negative reaction. I said, "I'm not the one pushing you off your chair or flicking water at you! You're being childish!" Not only was that a negative action, but a negative reaction as well. I calmly said, "I came out to have fun with my best friend. Will you let that happen? I've been hurting for awhile and I can't stay in that house anymore." With that, he walked away. He stayed at the bar, but stayed away from me.

Because negative actions cause negative reactions and vise versa, I tried to calm myself down and be grown up. Once I let him know I was still hurting, but said it calmly, he knew he couldn't bother me anymore. Thus, if there's negativity, try to make it positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment