My ex-fiance and I are still roommates. Needless to say, he thinks certain things are funny, but he knows I take those subjects seriously. Before I go on, there are several different types of conflict you should know about. These are: blow-up, civil, deja vu, indirect, mock, sarcastic sniping, and silent treatment.
With he and I, there's different kinds of conflict. He'll say something that he thinks is funny, such as "I hate you!" Me, now being pleased, will blow up and say, "I've had it! You need to move out! You have until the end of the week!" Then, I will slam my bedroom door. He'll shout, "Nichole, I'm joking!" In a playful manner. So, needless to say, I'm blow-up and he's mockery.
Now, when it's him who's upset, he's the blow-up one and I'm the civil one. I'll ask calmly, "Why are you ignoring me?" He'll respond with, "Nichole! I'm trying to watch my show! Ever since you've got off of work all you've been doing is nag, nag, nag!" I'll just look at him and respond with, "Okay." Then, he'll go from blow-up to mockery. "You know, Nichole, I really hate the way you act. I really hate living with you. I think you're a horrible person." Then I'll take the silent treatment approach and just ignore him. He'll come at me with the sarcastic sniping approach with, "Oh, so you're mad at me now?" All the while, I'll just give him the silent treatment until he changes the subject.
So, there are many kinds of conflict that have been represented. Actually, all except deja vu, which I'm sure we've come across in conflict before. I do mention that every conversation he and I have seems to be repeated over and over, but that's just deja vu in general.
No comments:
Post a Comment