When it comes to communication, it is a key in everyday successful relationships. For instance, a very good friend of mine that I have known for 19 years e-mailed me today. He asked me why I hadn't e-mailed, called, nor texted in a couple of months. He reads my facebook statuses and gets concerned for me. In a nutshell, he told me that if I needed to talk to anyone, to please pick up the phone and call him. He also said he missed me.
Being that he and I had been friends for so long, I felt horrible knowing that I hadn't communicated with him. It could ruin our friendship in one way or another. I hadn't asked him how his wedding planning was going with his fiance, if the date had changed, or even called just to check up on him. It made me feel like a horrible friend.
I decided to e-mail him back saying that I had just started a new job as a housekeeper, and I'm now going to two colleges and working a few hours a day on the side. Most of my facebook updates are through my phone, so I'm never really at a computer. I apologized for being distant, asked him about the wedding, and so on. Needless to say, we're childhood friends. No breech of communication will come between us. But, if neither of us had contacted the other, it would probably ruin the friendship.
No comments:
Post a Comment