So, as most of you readers know, I had a fiance. I say had because two days ago, we broke up. We have two different styles of communication. I will explain the styles in my next entry this weekend or next week. We just didn't mesh. Whatever he thought of as a joke, I took as an insult. I never knew when he was kidding, nor when he was being serious. The only thing I was serious about, like most people, was money. We didn't see eye-to-eye on that either. I was about to lose my place, he had been living with me almost two months, and he never gave me any rent money. So, today, I had it. I took off because he said he wouldn't give me the money. I turned off my phone. I turned it back on when I was ready. I received a call not long after to come to the bar, he had something for me. It was the $250 we had talked about.
Now, I think in order for him to understand I meant business, I had to take away the things he needs most: a place to lay down, food in his stomach, and running water. Some people don't know you mean business, until you threaten with taking away what they need to survive. It was either give me $250 for an entire month, or $800 a month for a hotel room. I think scaring him made him realize that I am not a person to mess with.
To be honest, this blog isn't just for a class. It's also my personal blog. It shouldn't be filled with just text and examples from a textbook. It should also be part of my life, what I want to share with the world. This entry may have broken some rules for my final grade, but with the way things have been going the last couple of days, I think it's worth a couple of points docked.
Everyone have a nice day. First, let me quote a song that I believe I should live by when any man takes advantage of me. "And its all right, I'll be fine. Don't worry about this heart of mine. Just take your love and hit the road. There's nothing you can do or say, you're gunna break my heart anyways. So just, leave the pieces when you go." - The Wreckers.
No comments:
Post a Comment